As the Lecturer of Sustainability and Innovation Management (will be hired in the rank of Lecturer in
the Department of Textile Engineering of AUST), you will be expected to gain extensive knowledge in
the field of Corporate Sustainability and Innovation Management in the production of the textile and
garment industry. You will have a strong focus in the area of social, ecological and economic
sustainability with the ultimate aim of supporting to setup the Chair for Sustainability and Innovation
Management at Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST) in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The successful candidate will complete theoretical and practical courses for further qualifications for
a period of 4 to 6 months in Bangladesh and Germany. These trainings are specifically tailored training
sessions with selected experts in the areas of didactics, social responsibility, environmental protection
and technology and innovation management. During this period, you will also complete a one-month
internship with Engelbert Strauss, a leading German manufacturer of workwear, apparel and workequipment, at their central campus in Biebergemünd, Germany.
During the internship you will gain
practical expertise in the textile and garment industry. Upon completion of the training you will begin
your Lecturer role at AUST under the Department of Textile Engineering and contribute in the
development of the curricula for new study modules (eg corporate responsibility, environmental
protection, innovation). You will work in a highly interesting environment at the interface between
economics and ecology, you will participate in the transfer of knowledge into company practice and
receive intensive supervision during the training sessions.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• 4 years Bachelor’s degree in Textile engineering / Textile Technology, with a minimum CGPA
of 3.5 in a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent First Class)
• Having minimum First Division/ CGPA of 4.5 (on the scale of 5.0 & 5.0) in SSC & HSC or its
• A minimum of 2 years of active teaching experience in relevant discipline
A Master’s degree in sustainability management/ textile engineering/ textile design/
environmental science from a recognized University;
• Knowledge of the textile industry and/or its social, ecological and economic challenges;
• Knowledge of statistical methods and experience in working with standard business software
(e.g. Microsoft Office);
• Interest to adapt modern teaching skills and methods as well as curriculum development;
• Interest in pursuing an academic career and becoming a long-term Faculty member of the
Department of Textile Engineering at AUST in Dhaka and to support setting up the Chair for
Sustainability and Innovation Management;
• Willingness to travel both nationally (within Bangladesh) and internationally (possession of
international travel documents e.g. passport);
• Interest in supporting the management of international multi-stakeholder projects;
• Fluency in English both in written and oral communication (valid IELTS test result is an
• Ability to work independently and flexibly;
• Ability to speak German is an advantage;
• Work experience in sustainability and education related projects is an advantage;
• Willingness to collaborate in interdisciplinary teamwork;
• Strong analytical reasoning skills.
Assistance on the formalities of the stay in Germany (e.g. accommodation costs, subsistence costs,
transport advice) will be provided.
Interested applicants should submit their application by email to email@example.com. Please write the title of the position applied for in the subject line.
Applications must include the following:
1. A cover letter
2. A curriculum vitae with list of publications
3. Details of three references
Please note that the application deadline is January 16, 2020 and applications received after this date
will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
The interview process may include a written test and a formal interview.